Thursday, February 28, 2013

Alexis' 4th Birthday Part 1

I am only 2 months behind on blogging, but here I am to catch up!! We will start with Alexis' 4th Birthday!


I still can't believe our little girl is 4 years old! She has truly brought so much love into our family! We love watching her grow each and everyday and learning new things. Right now her favorite thing to learn is the United States. She has a place mat with the US on it and she loves pointing out the different places family and friends live and where she has visited. She is beginning to read simple words such as, the, cat, dog, pig, is and a few more words. Our plan for the summer is to begin a reading program to get her ready to read!! Can't believe she is old enough to be learning to read. We have registered her for a new preschool to start in the fall and she is super excited to start at her new school. Alexis continues to love gymnastics and is now going 2 days a week because she asks everyday if it is gymnastics day. When we get to gymnastics she tells me "Mommy I want to be like those big girls one day." Maybe we have a future Olympian in our hands :)
Good morning birthday girl!!!
Having fun with her birthday balloons.
She wanted all her balloons on her bed before she got ready for preschool.
Getting ice cream with our friends at I Scream for Ice Cream has become a birthday tradition. Alexis sure loves spending time with her buddy Zachary.
Aiden, Alexis, Zachary and Caelum enjoying their ice cream.
Cowgirl and cowboy having fun at I Scream for Ice Cream.
Another family birthday tradition we have is going to Chick Fila for dinner. This is Alexis' favorite place to eat so of course she wants to have her birthday dinner there. Above is a picture of Kaylee, Alexis and Aunt Abby getting ready for dinner.
Family picture time at Chick Fila. I took two pictures so Matt and I both could be in the picture, but after we got home I noticed poor Kaylee was blocked out by big sis. Sorry KK!

After dinner we all headed to our house for cake and presents. Alexis LOVED this part. She waited all day to open presents so she was more than ready to dig into the presents.
Alexis ripping into her first present. She got a princess camping chair for Uncle Ken and Aunt Abby. She loved it so much she sat in it to open the rest of her presents.
Checking out her camping chair.
Whats next?!
CLOTHES!!! Grandma took Alexis shopping and she picked out some cute outfits.
Loving on her bag of horses from Oma and Opa.
Checking out her card from Grandma and Papa.
When I was younger my Grandma bought my cousins and I growing dolls. They are proclein dolls that get bigger each year and have the birthday number. My mom wanted to continue this tradition with my girls and we found some similiar learning dolls at Hallmark. I can't wait for my girls to continue to collect their dolls. I pulled mine out and Alexis loved comparing them to her's.
KK wanted to join in on the fun of opening presents. Alexis kept telling her "You have to wait until your birthday and then you will get to open presents" LOL
More clothes!
Grandma bought Alexis some sandals and when Alexis saw this flip flops she HAD to have them LOL She is a girl that's for sure. She loves them!

The girls got a joint gift this year a PLAYHOUSE!!!! I can't wait to watch them grow and play together in the playhouse. I have some very wonderful memories of my playhouse when I was little and can't wait to see the memories our girls will make with their playhouse.
Birthday cake time!!
Yummy frosting on the candle.
Kicking back and enjoying her cake. Such a beautiful birthday girl.
Little sister in her pj's sporting the birthday hat.
Our girls are so blessed with such wonderful grandparents.  Here they are with Papa and Grandma after our family birthday party.
Oma and Opa mean the world to my girls!! We love them so much!!
Poor KK is very tired after the party. This was an attempt at a family picture lol
This one is a little better!
Every Christmas and birthday's Grandma takes the girls to Build a Bear for them to make a special bear for their special day.
Alexis picked out a cute pink cat for her birthday stuffed animal.
Ready to dress her cat!
Alexis had such a wonderful day with Grandma.
Ready to take her cat home!
It's time to build the playhouse!! Alexis and Matt spent all day Saturday building the playhouse. Alexis was such a great help.
The walls are up!
Alexis was loving getting Daddy his tools when he needed them.
"Here you go Daddy!"
The playhouse is built and ready to play in!!
Alexis loving her playhouse. Next thing is to get flowers for the planters below the windows!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment